Mind Over Matters offers services in a private, client confidential, comfortable setting. We also offer next-day appointments, evening/weekend appointments, & on-line video counseling.
Coaching: We facilitate Self-Actualization. We help you pursue your full potential in your personal and/or professional life by improving self awareness, recognizing strengths, enhancing emotional intelligence, identifying goals, developing plans, improving mental strength, gaining mental clarity, etc.
"(Self-Actualization is) the desire for self-fulfillment, namely the tendency for him(her) to become actualized in what he(she) is potentially. This tendency might be phrased as the desire to become more and more what one is to become everything that one is capable of." -Maslow
Therapy: We help improve healthy beliefs about yourself, others, and the world. Unhealthy thoughts and beliefs about ourselves, others, and the world affect our feelings and drive our behaviors.
I use a solution-focused approach, utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT helps you become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking, so that you can learn to view challenging situations more clearly and respond to them in a more healthy way.
Getting the most out of therapy:
• Approach therapy as a partnership- Therapy is the most effective when you work together to identify challenges, set goals, and monitor progress.
• Be open and honest- Success depends on your willingness to be open and honest with sharing your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
• Keep your appointments- Missing appointments disrupts progress.
• Don’t expect instant results- Working on emotional challenges can be painful initially and requires work. It may take several sessions before you begin to see improvement.
• Do your homework- Review what you learn in between sessions and practice new ways of thinking.