Mind Over Matters offers services in a private, client confidential, comfortable setting. We also offer next-day appointments, evening/weekend appointments, & on-line video counseling.
I use a solution-focused approach, utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT helps you become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking, so that you can learn to view challenging situations more clearly and respond to them in a more healthy way.
Getting the most out of therapy:
• Approach therapy as a partnership- Therapy is the most effective when you work together to identify challenges, set goals, and monitor progress.
• Be open and honest- Success depends on your willingness to be open and honest with sharing your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
• Keep your appointments- Missing appointments disrupts progress.
• Don’t expect instant results- Working on emotional challenges can be painful initially and requires work. It may take several sessions before you begin to see improvement.
• Do your homework- Review what you learn in between sessions and practice new ways of thinking.